Sizzling spicy scallops
Skill level: Easy peasy
Scallops have a reputation for being tricky to cook, but with our three step recipe, they couldn't be easier to prepare. These sizzling spicy scallops are seasoned with garlic, chilli, lime and coriander, for a fresh, vibrant flavour, and are perfect served as a starter or a light dinner with bread and vegetables on the side.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 5 large scallops, with or without roe, and the muscle removed, halved
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced or chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 100g sugar snap peas, cooked
- Crusty bread, to serve
Scallops can be bought frozen, so you can just dip into the bag in the freezer when you want some. Why not add some prawns, too?
- Heat the oil in a small pan and, when hot, add the scallops and fry for 1 minute, or until they are golden underneath, then flip them over, throw in the garlic and chilli, and cook for another minutes.
- Squeeze in the lime juice, season with salt and black pepper and scatter with coriander.
- Eat with the cooked sugar snaps and crusty bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 461(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.