Skill level: Bit of effort
Clafoutis is usually a dessert, made from a light batter studded with fruit. This vegetable clafoutis transforms this traditional recipe into a delicious savoury dish full of healthy veggies like peas and peppers, and topped with a generous handful of tangy cheese - perfect as a vegetarian main course.
- 4 large eggs
- 500ml milk
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 2tsp Dijon/English mustard
- 200g mixed frozen soya beans and peas, thawed
- About 90g peppadew peppers
- 150g Cheddar, grated
- About 1tbsp chopped chives
You will need:
- 1.2ltr ovenproof dish, well buttered
Use fresh peas or broad beans or round green beans, if you like, blanched first for 2-3 mins.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, flour, and mustard with plenty of salt and pepper. Leave for 10 mins. Set the oven to 200°C or Gas Mark 6.
- Put the beans, peas and peppadews into the dish. Pour over the batter, sprinkle with cheese and chives. Bake for 35-40 mins until just set, golden brown and puffed up. Serve warm with bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 430(kcal)
- Fat 28.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.