Slimming World's chocolate vanilla cheesecake
Prep time:plus chilling time
Total time:plus chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This chocolate vanilla cheesecake recipe by Slimming World is utterly delicious. The cheesecake should only take you 30 mins to rustle up, the hard part is having to be patient while it sets in the fridge. This recipe uses bourbon cream biscuits for the chocolate base, vanilla yogurt for the creamy topping and a drizzle of dark chocolate on top. We can’t believe you can eat this and still lose weight! This delicious cheesecake serves 8 people making it the perfect choice for dinner parties or celebrations. No-one has to know that they're eating a Slimming World dessert - they'll never know!
- 8 bourbon cream biscuits, finely crushed
- 40g Flora Light, melted
- 11.5g sachet Hartley’s Sugar Free Lemon & Lime jelly crystals
- 12g sachet powdered gelatine
- 4 x 175g pots Mullerlight Vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g quark
- 2 tbsp sweetener
- 40g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 level tsp cocoa powder, to decorate
Give your cheesecake a professional finish by dusting in cocoa powder.
- Put the biscuits in a bowl, pour over the melted spread and mix well. Spoon into a 20cm-round springform cake tin, and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover with cling film and chill the base for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the jelly crystals in a measuring jug, add 250ml of boiling water and the gelatine and stir until dissolved. Leave to cool completely.
- Put the cooled jelly in a food processor with the yogurt, vanilla extract, quark and sweetener. Whizz until smooth, then pour over the biscuit base. Cover and chill overnight, or until set.
- When ready to serve, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bowl doesn’t touch the water (or melt in the microwave on a low heat for 30 seconds). Stir until smooth.
- Loosen the edges of the cheesecake using a hot palette knife and transfer to a serving plate. Drizzle with the melted dark chocolate, then dust with the cocoa powder. Cut into 8 wedges to serve.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website