Total time:plus cooling
Skill level: Bit of effort
Love chocolate? Love marshmallows? You'll go mad for this chocolate marshmallow recipe then! These easy to make sweets are low in fat and only 28 calories per cube, making them much lighter than most chocolate recipes, but they're not to be underestimated - they'll definitely satisfy your sweet tooth!
IngredientsYou will need:
- 1 x basic marshmallow recipe, omitting cornflour and icing sugar
- 3tbsp cocoa, plus extra for dusting
These chocolate marshmallows would make a great gift - just pile them up in a cellophane bag and secure with a colourful ribbon.
- Prepare your marshmallow using our basic marshmallow recipe.
- Mix the cocoa to a paste with 3tbsp boiling water. Add to the whisking mixture towards the end of mixing, so the mixture doesn’t collapse too much.
- Use cocoa powder for dusting the tin and on the surfaces rather than the icing sugar and cornflour mix.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 28(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.