Total time:plus cooling
Skill level: Bit of effort
If you're a fan of pistachio ice cream, you'll love these sweet, sticky pistachio marshmallows. Not only do they look amazing, with their vibrant green colour and nutty topping, but they taste fab too - and with just 39 calories and 0.6g fat per cube, you can afford to scoff a couple!
IngredientsYou will need:
- 1/2-1tsp pistachio flavouring
- Few drops of liquid green food colouring
- 100g packet pistachio kernels, finely chopped
These marshmallows will last 4-5 days in an airtight container, so you can make them in advance for a special occasion.
- Prepare your marshmallow using our basic marshmallow recipe.
- Add the pistachio flavouring and green food colouring to the marshmallow mixture towards the end of whisking. Pour about half of the mixture into the tin and scatter over a handful of pistachios.
- Pour over the remaining mixture, spread it out and scatter over the remaining nuts. Dust the icing sugar and cornflour mix over the top and leave to set.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 39(kcal)
- Fat 0.6g
- Saturates 0.1g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.