Pimm's ice cream sundaes
Skill level: Easy peasy
We've given the classic strawberry ice cream sundae a wicked twist by whisking up a boozy Pimm's and strawberry syrup. Drizzle over ice cream and top with sprinkles and a strawberry for a retro treat. This recipe should only take you 20 mins to make in total.
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream per person
- 200g fresh strawberries
- 80ml Pimm's
- 50g caster sugar
- Red sprinkles
- Squirty/whipped cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, stalks left on
You will also need:
- 4 ice cream sundae glasses, briefly chilled in the fridge or freezer
Chill the sundae glasses in the freezer for 10 mins before using, then take out just before assembling the sundaes - this will help keep the ice cream cool.
- Make the Pimm's and strawberry syrup. Blitz the strawberries in a food processor, then press through a fine mesh sieve using the back of a wooden spoon to press down firmly. Discard the leftover pulp and keep the strawberry liquid to one side.
- Add the Pimm's and caster sugar to a small saucepan. Heat over a medium-high heat, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Stir in the strawberry juice and bring to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until you have a thick sauce. Leave to cool completely, then decant into a jug or squeezy bottle if you have one.
- Remove the sundae glasses from the freezer. Drizzle a little sauce around the inside of each glass, then add two scoops of ice cream to each. Drizzle a little extra sauce over the top of the ice cream. Add a swirl of squirty or whipped cream, the top with a strawberry. Sprinkle a few sprinkles over the top, then serve immediately.
With special thanks to Baker and Maker, Sainsbury's and Lakeland