Skill level: Easy peasy
This easy vegetable and Feta couscous salad has just a handful of ingredients and is ready to eat in 10 minutes - the perfect dish for busy days! It's ideal as a side dish for grilled meats and veg, or as a hearty lunchtime treat that can be popped into a lunchbox and taken to school or work too. Try experimenting with different flavours - you can add any other extra leftover vegetables or herbs you might have to hand.
- 250g couscous
- 6tbsp virgin olive oil
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 350-500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g pack feta cheese, cubed
- 2-3tbsp freshly chopped chives, plus chives for garnish
The couscous can be made the day before up to the end of step 2, then stir in the vegetables and cheese on the day of serving.
- Tip the couscous into a bowl and pour over 400ml boiling water. Mix well, then leave it to stand for about 5 minutes, stirring it occasionally to keep the grains of couscous separate.
- Stir in the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper into the couscous and mix well.
- Stir in the spring onions, celery, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese. Spoon into serving bowls and garnish with chives, to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 28(kcal)
- Fat 1.8g
- Saturates 0.6g
- Sugars 0.0g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.