Crab, mango and watercress salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Transform your plain old salad leaves with the exotic flavours of seafood and fruit in this crab, mango and watercress salad recipe. This dish works well as as a healthy lunch option, a light dinner, or as part of a summery buffet table. If you're preparing the dish for younger palettes, leave out the chilli seeds to reduce the amount of spice.
- 1 largish firm but ripe mango
- 1/2 cucumber
- 12 small radishes, trimmed
- 4 handfuls of fresh watercress
- 12 mint leaves, shredded
- 2 x 100g cartons fresh white crabmeat
For the dressing:
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1tbsp groundnut oil
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- 1tsp honey
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Lime cheeks, to serve
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
If you canít get fresh crabmeat, this is as good with large cooked prawns.
- Halve the mango lengthways each side of the stone. Cut the flesh away from the skin and thinly slice the fish. Halve the cucumber, scoop out the seeds and slice the flesh. Slice the radishes thinly.
- Arrange watercress on 4 plates with the cucumber, mango and shredded mint leaves. Spoon the crabmeat on top.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and spoon over the salad. Serve with lime cheeks, and garnish with the coriander.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 190(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.