Roasted strawberries with lemon mascarpone
Skill level: Easy peasy
Think strawberries always have to be served with cream? Think again! This roasted strawberries with lemon mascarpone recipe pairs baked berries with creamy soft cheese and zesty lemon curd for a fruity pud in less than 30 minutes. This sweet treat can be served hot or cold, so it's a perfect make-ahead dessert for any guests you want to impress this summer!
- About 600g strawberries, hulled
- Knob of butter
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 an orange
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 4 good tbsp good-quality lemon curd
- 4 ginger nut biscuits, roughly crushed
- Icing sugar, for dusting
You can use whipped double cream instead of mascarpone, if you prefer.
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7. Pack the strawberries in one layer in an ovenproof dish. Dot with the butter, sprinkle with orange zest and juice and sugar. Roast for 15 mins.
- Divide the warm, or cooled, strawberries between 6 tumblers. Soften the mascarpone in a bowl. Add dollops of lemon curd and stir roughly with a knife for a rippled effect. Spoon the mixture on top of the fruit. Scatter with biscuit crumbs. Dust with icing sugar. Serve within 10 mins if fruit is warm or a few hours if it’s cold.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 291(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 13.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.