Summer fruit tiramisu
Total time:plus chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Give your usual coffee-based tiramisu a seasonal makeover with this delicious summer fruit tiramisu recipe. With layers of strawberry, raspberry, sponge fingers and mascarpone, all infused with wickedly sweet dessert wine, this is a great make-ahead dessert for summer parties and barbecues. You'll only have to do 45 minutes of prep work, then leave it in the fridge to work its magic and when you take it out and cut that first slice, it's truly a sight to behold!
- 375g mascarpone cheese (or 250g tub mascarpone cheese and 125g/4oz cream cheese)
- 2tbsp golden caster or brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- 175ml dessert wine
- 21 sponge finger biscuits
- 400g strawberries, hulled and sliced if large
- 150g raspberries
- 150ml double cream
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 6 strawberries
You will need:
- 1kg (2lb) loaf tin, lined with cling film with plenty overhanging
Buy sweet wine in half bottles. We suggest Côtes de Beaumes de Venise or Domaine Bellegarde Jurançon.
- Soften the mascarpone with the sugar in a large bowl, then stir in the double cream and mix well.
- Pour the wine into a shallow dish and add 6 sponge fingers for 1/2 min, then arrange them on the base of the tin in 3 rows of 2 along the length. Top with half the strawberries and raspberries, then spoon in half the mascarpone mixture and smooth it down.
- Dip 6 more whole and 3 halves of sponge fingers in wine and arrange in 3 rows down the tin again. Cover with the rest of the fruit, then the rest of the mascarpone. Dip the last 71/2 fingers in wine and place on top of the mascarpone mixture.
- Pull the overhanging cling film over the tin and wrap around with more film. Put the tin on a baking tray and weigh it down with weights or cans of food. Chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, turn out on to a flat serving platter. Remove the film and smooth the sides of the pud with a palette knife. Whip the extra cream with the icing sugar to form stiff peaks. Spread it over the top and decorate with halved strawberries.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 386(kcal)
- Fat 32.0g
- Saturates 21.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.