Slimming World's Quorn cottage pie
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
If you're looking for a hearty, warming meal for 4 people we'd recommend this delicious Slimming World Quorn cottage pie. Made with Quorn mince, this cottage pie is suitable for vegetarians and those watching their weight too. Packed with plenty of veggies including onion, celery and carrots, this pie is a tasty alternative to a classic cottage pie when you're trying to be good come dinnertime...
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 500g Quorn mince
- 400g can chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 415g can baked beans
- 750g new potatoes, unpeeled and scrubbed
Give your pie a bit of spice by adding some mild chilli powder or paprika to the mix
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Spray a large, deep frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onions, celery and carrots and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the Quorn, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce (if using) and stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste and stir in the baked beans.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted boiling water for 15 minutes until tender. Drain well and roughly crush with the back of a fork.
- Tip the Quorn mince mixture into a large ovenproof dish, spoon over the potatoes to cover and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot with vegetables of your choice.
For more delicious Slimming World recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website