Slimming World's tropical Eton mess
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This Slimming World Eton mess is the perfect dessert if you're on a diet or simply watching your weight but still want to treat yourself. With a delicious tropical flavour, this Slimming World Eton mess is really simple to make and you can whip it up in just 15 mins. The tropical flavours of this sweet dessert will transport you to a warm, sunny place. The banana, passion fruit and pineapple work wonders together along with the crisp meringues and vanilla yogurt, which is used instead of cream. This is the secret of this clever Slimming World Eton mess, as the vanilla yogurt has a lot less calories and fat compared to the cream used to make a classic Eton mess, and it's also a lot better for you. This Slimming World Eton mess also uses plenty of fresh fruit to sweeten it and add flavour, so you won't miss out on your sugar fix. With this better-for-you dish, you can still enjoy the crunch of the meringues, so this Slimming World Eton mess will definitely still feel like a delicious treat. You can enjoy a guilt-free dessert that's just as nice served to friends and family that have unexpectedly popped round!
- 6 passion fruits
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 400g prepared pineapple chunks
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 small papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 175g pot Muller Light Vanilla yogurt
- 2 meringue nests, roughly crushed
If you've got fresh pineapple in your fruit bowl use it instead
- Put the pulp and seeds from the passion fruits in a small saucepan with the sweetener and 75ml of water. Heat gently for 2-3 minutes until the sweetener has dissolved then stir to mix well. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, put the rest of the fruit into a large bowl, add the yogurt and half the passion fruit mixture and swirl through.
- Fold in the meringue and divide the mixture between four chilled dessert glasses. Spoon over the remaining passion fruit mixture to serve.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website.