Gluten-free chocolate brownies
Total time:plus cooling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These gluten-free chocolate brownies are squidgy, fudgy cubes of joy. You don't have to miss out on a classic if you're on a gluten-free diet. These mouthwatering brownies tastes just like the real deal - you won't believe they're gluten-free! The simple batter is hugely versatile, so you can try adding your favourite nuts, dried fruits or sweets to create new flavour combinations. Extra chocolate chunk are optional but come highly recommended! This recipe makes 24 chocolate brownie squares - perfect for sharing! And will take around 1hr to prepare and cook plus cooling time. These brownies can be stored in an airtight container or cake tin on the kitchen side for 3-4 days. They're much better the next day as the sponge would have had time to absorb all the rich chocolaty flavour. You could even serve them warm by popping a square or two in the microwave on a low heat for 10-20 seconds. Delicious! A square of these brownies works out at only 202 calories per portion which is great news.
- 200g bar plain chocolate
- 250g butter
- 4 medium eggs
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 300g caster sugar
- 125g gluten-free plain flour, eg, Doves Farm
- Icing sugar, for dusting
You will need:
- 28x18cm (11x7in) oblong tin, lined with baking parchment
Try swapping the plain chocolate for milk or white chocolate for a new twist!
- Set the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
- Melt the chocolate and butter, either in a bowl in a microwave oven or over a pan of hot water. Lightly beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Add the sugar and flour to the bowl and stir to combine all of the ingredients. Spoon the mixture into the lined cake tin and level the surface.
- Bake in the centre of the oven to 40-45 mins, until just set to the touch in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 mins. Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Dust brownie with icing sugar. Cut into 24 squares to serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 202(kcal)
- Fat 12.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.