Fruity prawn cocktail
Skill level: Easy peasy
This fruity prawn cocktail recipe is a twist on a very old favourite. You'll only need to spend 10 minutes in the kitchen to make this dish, and once the chunks of juicy prawn, crunchy celery and sweet apple and grape are assembled, it makes a delicious light lunch or starter for a seasonal dinner with friends and family - at just 130 calories per serving.
- 350g cooked tiger prawns
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 150g black or red seedless grapes, halved
- 2tbsp freshly chopped dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- 250g fat-free fromage frais
- 2-3 Little Gem lettuce, sliced into rings
- 3-4 cooked prawns, shells on, for garnish
Using fat-free fromage frais cuts down on the calorie count of this salad, without compromising on flavour.
- Mix the prawns, apple, celery, grapes and dill into the fromage frais and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce on plates and top with the prawn mixture and garnish with a prawn and a sprig of dill and serve.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 130(kcal)
- Fat 1.0g
- Saturates 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.