Slimming World's bacon and broccoli pasta salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This super simple Slimming World's bacon and broccoli pasta salad is perfect for nights when you don't want to spend ages in the kitchen. You only need a handful of basic ingredients to make it and it takes just 15 minutes from start to finish - plus, because it's a Slimming World recipe, you can rest assured that it's just as nutritious as it is delicious. This recipe serves 2 people so if you're planning on making more just double or triple the quantities. This recipe is the ideal lunch if you're feeling hungry as its sure to keep you fuller for longer. This recipe would work well as dinner too.
- 200g dried pasta shapes
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- small bag of baby spinach leaves
- low calorie cooking spray
- 4 lean bacon rashers, visible fat removed, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
Swap the bacon for Parma ham or even chorizo instead
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the broccoli for the last 4 minutes and the spinach for the last 30 seconds. Drain well and tip into a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the bacon and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Stir in the chilli flakes and cook for 2 minutes more, then add to the pasta and mix well.
- Eat some straight away or cool and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. This salad is great eaten cold or thoroughly reheated.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website