Redcurrant iced tea
Cooking time:brewing time
Skill level: Easy peasy
A refreshing drink that the whole family can enjoy, this redcurrant iced tea would be perfect for making at your next picnic or barbecue. A delicious blend of fruit juice, tea and syrup, this brightly coloured beverage looks great served in mason or jam jars, with stripy straws to sip from. If you're making this just for the grown ups, try adding a splash of alcohol for a tasty summer cocktail.
- 40ml Whittard caramel syrup
- 80ml cranberry juice
- 20ml still water
- 5 wedgess of lime
- 5tsp Whittard redcurrant refresher caffeine free fruit infusion tea
You will also need:
- 750ml glass jug
- Measuring jug
For an adults-only treat, add 60ml dark rum to the cranberry juice mixture before adding ice.
- Add cranberry juice, still water and limes to 750ml glass jug. Press gently with pestle of a long spoon.
- Stir contents of the jug well.
- Add ice cubes to 2/3 of the jug.
- In a measuring jug add 5 teaspoons of Whittard’s Redcurrant Refresher, boil water and pour it into the jug up to the 300ml mark.
- Allow the tea to brew for 10 minutes.
- When finished brewing, pour over ice and rotate the jug in circles encouraging the ice to melt slightly.