Double pesto chicken skewers
Total time:plus marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These double pesto chicken skewers are perfect as part of an alfresco summer dinner - they're super simple to throw together and take just 10 minutes to cook. The key to getting the meat really tender and flavourful is to leave the marinade on for as long as you can, so make these the night before you want to eat them if possible and leave them in the fridge until you're ready to eat.
- 350g pack mini chicken breast fillets
- 2tbsp red pesto
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
For the sauce:
- 6tbsp mayonnaise
- 1-2tbsp green pesto
You will need:
- Wooden skewers
If you plan to barbecue your chicken, soak the wooden skewers in warm water for at least 20 minutes before cooking to stop them burning.
- Tip the chicken fillets into a bowl. Add the red pesto and lemon rind and juice and stir well to coat the chicken. Cover the bowl and refrigerate it for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Thread the chicken on to skewers and cook on a griddle-pan, or under a grill, until the chicken is cooked.
- To make the sauce, mix together the mayonnaise with green pesto and season to taste.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 327(kcal)
- Fat 26.0g
- Saturates 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.