Gin and tonic sorbet
Total time:plus freezing
Skill level: Easy peasy
If you love gin and tonic as a drink, you'll love this gin and tonic sorbet even more! This adults-only dessert is flavoured with refreshing lemon and lime zest and a dash of your favourite tipple for a delicious summer treat that's great for dinner parties, barbecues or a night in with the girls. Oh, and did we mention it's fat free?
- 350g caster sugar
- 4tbsp gin
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lemon, juice from 1/2 or all the lemon, to taste
- 500ml bottle tonic water
- 1 egg white
- Lemon and lime slices and lemon thyme, to serve
Freeze extra slices of lime and lemon on a tray until solid for adding instant cool to a G&T.
- Put the sugar in a pan with 300ml (1⁄2pt) water, then warm over a low heat to dissolve the sugar. Increase the heat and boil for 1 min. Take off the heat.
- Pour into a large jug or bowl. Cool, then chill.
- When cold, add the gin, lime and lemon zest and juice, and the tonic. Freeze for 2-3 hours until almost solid. Take out of freezer. Break it up with a fork, and put the icy chunks in a food processor. Froth the egg white with a fork and pour into the processor. Pulse quickly to blitz together. Pour into a freezer container until solid. Use within 3 months. For serving, scoop into glasses and decorate with lemon and lime slices and thyme leaves.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 211(kcal)
- Fat 0.0g
- Saturates 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.