Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make the most of the ripest summer fruit with this gorgeous peach tart. Impressive to look at but super simple to make, this recipe uses the most basic of storecupboard ingredients to create a dessert that's worthy of your fanciest guests. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a generous dollop of creme fraiche.
- 1 sheet 320g pack ready-rolled puff pastry (we used Anchor)
- 60g caster sugar
- 60g ground almonds
- 6 peaches, stoned and each sliced into 8 wedges
- About 15g butter
- 2tbsp apricot jam
- Creme fraiche, to serve
Use shortcrust pastry to make this tart, if you prefer.
- Set the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Unroll the pastry on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment.
- Mix the sugar and almonds and spread this over the pastry leaving a 4cm border. Arrange the peach slices on top, then dot them with the butter (or melt the butter and brush it over).
- Fold the pastry edges over the fruit. Bake for 40-45 mins until golden and cooked through.
- Warm the jam and brush it over the fruit to glaze. Serve warm or cold with creme fraiche.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 22(kcal)
- Fat 1.2g
- Saturates 0.5g
- Sugars 0.0g
- Salt 0.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.