Peach and coconut crumble
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 4 peaches, stoned and cut into wedges
- 150g blueberries
- 90g caster sugar,
- 1tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 45g plain flour
- 45g butter
- 45g shredded coconut
- 45g chopped hazelnuts or flaked almonds
- Cream or ice cream, to serve
You will need:
- Shallow ovenproof dish
Add raspberries or redcurrants if you like. Or leave out the blueberries, add more peaches and add basil, or ginger or amaretto.
- Set the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4. Pu tthe peaches and blueberries in the dish. Sprinkle with all but 2tbsp of the sugar, and the vanilla, if using, and mix in gently with your hand.
- Mix the rest of the sugar in a bowl with the flour. Add slivers of butter and rub it in with your fingertips. Stir in the coconut and nuts.
- Spoon the mixture over the fruit in clumps. Bake for 35-40 mins until golden and crispy on top. Serve crumble warm with cream or ice cream.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 254(kcal)
- Fat 14.0g
- Saturates 7.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.