Seafood peach salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1 small red onion, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 sticks celery, cut into thin strips and then finger lengths
- About 90g sugar snaps, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 2 heads of mini pak choi, leaves separated
- About 2tbsp each freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves
- 150g pack cooked tiger or jumbo king prawns
- 3 peaches, stoned and sliced (we used a mixture of doughnut and yellow flesh peaches)
- 150g pack fresh white crabmeat, to taste
- 2-4 lime cheeks, to serve
For the dressing:
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed, optional
- 1cm (1/2in) piece of fresh ginger, grated
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3tsp muscovado sugar
- 1tbsp fish or soy sauce, to taste
- 13tbsp sunflower oil
To save time, use a 300g pack of good-quality Chinese stir-fry vegetables.
- To make the dressing, whisk the ingredients in a jug or shake them all in a jar.
- Mix all the veg in a large box with most of the chopped herbs, the prawns and peach slices and some of the crabmeat.
- Add the dressing and mix in gently with your hand. Add small clumps of the rest of the crabmeat and the rest of the herbs. Serve with lime cheeks.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 230(kcal)
- Fat 11.0g
- Saturates 1.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.