Nectarine and prosciutto platter
Skill level: Easy peasy
Nectarines have such a short season, so make them most of them when they are around with this stunning nectarine and prosciutto platter. This dish pairs just a handful of simple ingredients together to let the fresh flavours shine through - perfect as a light meal for the family or an impressive starter for a summer dinner party.
- 1 pack prosciutto 8 slices
- 60g bag of pea shoots and baby leaves, or more leaves if you like
- 2 ripe nectarines or peaches, stoned and cut into wedges
- About 90g blue cheese, such as Cropwell Bishop Shropshire blue
For the dressing:
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp apple or orange juice, optional
- Crusty bread, to serve
Use your favourite blue cheese, or be more traditionally Italian and serve it with pulled chunks of buffalo mozzarella and basil leaves maybe with some black grapes.
- To make the dressing, whisk 3tbsp of the oil, the vinegar and the fruit juice, if using, in a jug or small jar.
- Arrange 2 prosciutto slices on each dinner plate. Put the leaves in a bowl with the rest of the the oil and seasoning and toss gently. Arrange on the plates.
- Add the nectarine wedges and crumble over the cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately with bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 274(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.