Nectarine and prosciutto platter
Skill level: Easy peasy
Nectarines have such a short season, so make them most of them when they are around with this stunning nectarine and prosciutto platter. This dish pairs just a handful of simple ingredients together to let the fresh flavours shine through - perfect as a light meal for the family or an impressive starter for a summer dinner party.
- 1 pack prosciutto – 8 slices
- 60g bag of pea shoots and baby leaves, or more leaves if you like
- 2 ripe nectarines or peaches, stoned and cut into wedges
- About 90g blue cheese, such as Cropwell Bishop Shropshire blue
For the dressing:
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp apple or orange juice, optional
- Crusty bread, to serve
Use your favourite blue cheese, or be more traditionally Italian and serve it with pulled chunks of buffalo mozzarella and basil leaves – maybe with some black grapes.
- To make the dressing, whisk 3tbsp of the oil, the vinegar and the fruit juice, if using, in a jug or small jar.
- Arrange 2 prosciutto slices on each dinner plate. Put the leaves in a bowl with the rest of the the oil and seasoning and toss gently. Arrange on the plates.
- Add the nectarine wedges and crumble over the cheese. Drizzle with the dressing and serve immediately with bread.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 274(kcal)
- Fat 22.0g
- Saturates 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.