How to line a tart tin with pastry
You can buy ceramic baking beans online or in cookware shops
- Shortcrust pastry
- 20cm tart tin
- Ceramic baking beans
- Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6. Roll out the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin.
- Lay the pastry over a 20cm tart tin and using your finger, press the pastry into the edges and up the side of the tin.
- Trim the excess pastry. Chill for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Prick the base all over with a fork. Fill with a piece of scrunched up baking parchment or foil and fill with ceramic baking beans.
- Bake the tart for 15 minutes, then remove the paper and beans and bake for a further 10 minutes, until pale golden in colour and the base feels sandy to the touch.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.