Slimming World's ham and Portobello mushroom ring pizza
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This family-sized Slimming World's ham and Portobello mushroom ring pizza is a healthy alternative to your usual Saturday night takeaway. It takes under an hour to make the pizza dough and sauce from scratch, prepare the toppings and cook. Garnish with fresh rocket leaves and enjoy. This recipe serves 4 and takes around 1hr to prepare and cook. This recipe is ideal if you fancy one of your favourites but you'd like the healthier, lower-calorie version. This recipe shows you how to make every stage of this delicious pizza including how to make the base, sauce and add your toppings. It's a cheap, quick and easy Slimming World favourite for the weekend.
- 125g strong bread flour
- 1 x 7g sachet instant active yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh basil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 75g Portobello mushrooms, sliced, halved or quartered
- 100g lean ham, visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Small handful of roughly chopped fresh oregano
- Large handful of rocket leaves
Can't find portobello mushrooms? Swap them for chestnut instead - they're just as tasty!
- Put the flour into a large bowl and stir in the yeast and salt. Make a well in the middle, pour in 75ml of warm water and mix with a wooden spoon until you have a soft, fairly wet dough. Dust a surface very lightly with flour, turn out the dough and knead for 5 minutes until smooth. Cover until you’re ready to roll it out.
- Put the shallots, garlic, oregano, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and most of the basil into a saucepan. Cook over a medium-low heat for 25 minutes, until you have a thick, spreadable sauce. Season well, then scatter over a little more basil.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- On a very lightly floured surface, use a rolling pin to roll out the dough (we’ve used ring-shaped pizza).
- Slide it onto a preheated baking sheet, lined with non-stick baking parchment, and spread with the tomato sauce.
- Arrange the mushrooms and ham over the top of the pizza, scatter with the oregano and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the base is golden.
- Fill the middle with rocket leaves and serve hot.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website