Slimming World's classic chocolate mousse
Total time:plus 4hrs chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Slimming World's classic chocolate mousse is a light and creamy pud that doesn't miss out on flavour, only sugar - swapping it for sweetener. The dark chocolate in this recipe makes this mousse rich in flavour. Make sure you chill them for 4 hours before serving to get the right consistency - it might even be best if you can make these the night before you need them so they're ready to go as soon as you want them the next day! You easily make these puds as a dinner party dessert - they're rich and indulgent enough and no one will know that you've swapped out the sugar for sweetener! Give them a go, they couldn't be quicker to make and they're certainly worth the wait while they chill!
- 75g dark chocolate
- 3 medium eggs, separated
- 3-4 tbsp sweetener
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Fat-free natural fromage frais mixed with sweetener, to garnish
- 1 level tsp each of cocoa powder and chocolate vermicelli, to garnish
Garnish each mousse with a spoonful of sweetened fromage frais and lightly dust with cocoa and the chocolate vermicelli before serving.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water to melt the chocolate. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly at room temperature.
- Meanwhile whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, but not too dry.
- Whisk the egg yolks, sweetener, orange zest and brandy together then spoon into the melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Fold in the egg whites with a metal spoon until well combined. Divide this mixture between 4 individual ramekins or glasses and chill for around 4 hours or until set.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website