Mango and coconut cupcakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These delicious mango and coconut cupcakes are really simple to make and taste delicious too. The sweetness from the mango and the light texture from the desiccated coconut work wonders together. Finished with a mango puree these cupcakes are the perfect weekend treat. Our baking blogger Maxine Owen made this recipe as part of her baking around the world blog. The sweetness of the chocolate and mango combine really well in this mixture to produce a lovely sweet cupcake. If you want something extra special you can always mix up the mango puree in the buttercream for raspberry puree for something a little different. This recipe makes 12 cupcakes.
- 4oz softened unsalted butter
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4oz self rasing flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1oz desiccated coconut
- 1 mango chopped
For the buttercream:
- 4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 4oz icing sugar
- Mango or raspberry puree
- Toasted coconut strips, dried or fresh mango, chocolate stick for decoration
Store these cupcakes in an airtight container for up to 2 days
- To make this cupcake recipe, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4 and line a 12 hole muffin tray with cases. Beat the butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Mix in chopped mango, reserving some for decoration.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter for a few minutes until soft and add in the icing sugar.
- Pipe or spread buttercream onto the cooled cupcakes. Decorate with reserved mango(or dried mango strips) and toasted coconut strips, add a chocolate stick and drizzle some mango or raspberry puree over the top to finish.