Treacle bundt cake with limoncello drizzle
Total time:plus cooling
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 250g butter
- 250g dark muscovado sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 100g black treacle
- 275ml milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 375g self raising flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
For the drizzle:
- 250g icing sugar
- 3tbsp limoncello
- Juice and zest 1/2 lemon
- 60g crystallised ginger, finely sliced
It's worth splashing out on a good quality bundt tin. Well, you will be making this time and time again!
- Heat the oven to 160°C/Gas Mark 3. Butter a 2.5 litre bundt tin. Heat the butter, sugar, syrup and treacle in a saucepan for about 5 mins until the sugar has dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Stir in the milk, then beat in the eggs.
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger together in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour the melted treacle mix into the well, then gradually draw the dry ingredients into the wet with a wooden spoon, until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 50 mins to 1 hr until risen and firm and a metal skewer comes out clean when inserted. Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 20 mins, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make the drizzle, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and add the limoncello, lemon juice and zest, stirring until smooth and thick. Drizzle over the cake and scatter with the crystallized ginger as you go.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 524(kcal)
- Fat 19.0g
- Saturates 12.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.