Gooey panettone pudding
Panettone pudding made with sweet bread and plenty of chocolate is layered to make a gooey dessert that's best served warm with a jug of custard or cream. A panettone pudding is perfect around Christmas when you can find panettone in the shops and you fancy doing something more exciting with it. This is a bit like a bread and butter pudding, except it's made with panettone with chocolate chips in it which makes it such a treat! The pudding also has dark chocolate in it, white chocolate and double cream which makes it really indulgent and super creamy. It's a really easy pudding to make that only takes 20 minutes or prep time and then it needs to go in the oven for 40 minutes so while you're waiting for it, you can put your feet up and relax!
- 75g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 350g panettone with chocolate chips, sliced into 1.5cm thick pieces
- 25g white chocolate chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 200ml double cream
- 250ml whole milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1tbsp demerara sugar
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
If you don't have any panettone, this recipe would work just as well with regular fruit bread or brioche.
- Butter a 2-litre ovenproof baking dish. Heat the oven to Mark 160°C/gas 3. Butter the panettone, arrange in the dish, overlapping as you go, and scatter with white chocolate.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, vanilla and caster sugar until combined. Pour over the panettone, then sprinkle with demerara sugar.
- Put the dish into a large roasting tin containing kettle-hot water to a depth of 3cm. Bake for 30-40 mins.
- Leave to stand for 5 mins, then drizzle with the melted dark chocolate and serve with custard or cream.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 446(kcal)
- Fat 31.0g
- Saturates 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.