Chocolate ice cream bombe
Total time:plus freezing and setting
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1 litre chocolate ice cream
- 75g raisins
- 75g fudge, chopped
- 50g pistachios, chopped
- 2tbsp cocoa
- 40g white chocolate, chopped
- 40g dark chocolate, chopped
You can play around with the flavour combinations in this bombe - strawberry ice cream with cherries, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chunks, for instance, gives it a lovely summery twist.
- Remove the chocolate ice cream from the freezer for about 15 mins, then spoon into a bowl. Mix in the raisins, pistachios and fudge. Spoon into an oiled 1 litre pudding basin, smooth the top and freeze for 1 hr until solid.
- To remove the pud, rub the bowl with a cloth dipped in hot water until loosened, then turn out onto a plate. Dust with 2tbsp cocoa and return to the freezer for 30 mins.
- Separately melt 40g white and dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, or in a microwave in 30 second blasts. Drizzle the chocolate over the top. Freeze.
- Remove from freezer 10 mins before serving. Add indoor sparklers for extra ooohs at the table!
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 253(kcal)
- Fat 29.0g
- Saturates 17.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.