Total time:plus chilling and setting
Skill level: Easy peasy
Tropical cheesecake will bring a taste of sunshine to the dark winter evenings with a fruity tropical twist on a classic recipe. This bright and beautiful dessert is perfect for entertaining guests, or as a show-stopping addition to a holiday buffet table. For an adults-only twist, add a drop or two of rum to the cream cheese mixture. Close your eyes and you can almost feel the sand between your toes. This cheesecake is infused with mango, coconut and passionfruit which makes it a super impressive and colourful option that you'll want to make time and time again.
- 2x110g packs coconut biscuits (we like Bonne Maman Croquants Noix de Coco)
- 80g butter, melted, plus extra butter for greasing
- 300g full fat cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 150g caster sugar
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 150ml coconut milk
- 3 sheets gelatine, soaked in cold water for a few mins
- 4 passion fruit
- 400g mango coulis
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- ½ small ripe pineapple, peeled and sliced
- Toasted coconut shavings (from the dried fruit aisle), to serve, optional
If you want to make your own mango coulis, blend canned mango with a squeeze of lime and a little sugar, to taste.
- Grease a 20cm spring-form cake tin. Whizz the biscuits in a food processor to form crumbs. Mix with the melted butter and press into the base of the prepared tin. Chill in the fridge.
- Beat together the cream cheese, mascarpone, caster sugar and lime zest.
- In a saucepan, gently warm the coconut milk and lime juice until steaming, but not boiling. Add the gelatine, stirring until dissolved. Pour into the cream cheese mixture and stir well. Spoon onto the biscuit base, smooth the surface and chill for at least 4 hrs or until set.
- Rub the outside of the tin with a hot, damp cloth. Undo the clip and remove the tin, then slide a palette knife under the biscuit base and transfer to a cake stand or large flat plate.
- Mix the passionfruit with the mango coulis and spoon on top with the fruit. Scatter with toasted coconut, if using.
For more cheesecake recipes, take a look at our cheesecake recipe collection
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 640(kcal)
- Fat 48.0g
- Saturates 25.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.