Chocolate toffee parfait
- 100g roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 200ml Carnation condensed milk
- 500ml double cream
- 150g plain chocolate, melted
- 100g fudge, finely chopped
- 150ml caramel sauce (we used Bonne Maman Confiture de Caramel)
- Ready made chocolate sauce, warmed to serve
If you're a fan of salted caramel, stir a little flaked sea salt through the caramel sauce before you add it to the parfait.
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with clingfilm and sprinkle the base with 25g hazelnuts. Pour the condensed milk and double cream into a bowl and whisk until it forms soft peaks. Spoon half the mixture into another bowl. Stir the melted chocolate through one and fold the remaining hazelnuts and fudge through the other.
- Pour half of the hazelnut and fudge mix into the base of the loaf tin and top with half of the chocolate mix. Cover with the caramel sauce, then repeat the layers. Put in the freezer to set for a minimum of 4 hrs.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate, drizzle with the chocolate sauce and serve in slices.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 832(kcal)
- Fat 59.0g
- Saturates 32.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.