Chocolate and chestnut meringues
- 3 free range egg whites
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 100g Green & Blacks Mayan Gold chocolate
- 250g Clement Faugier chestnut spread, vanilla
- 180g Baileys extra thick cream
- 1/2tsp cocoa powder
- 2tsp edible gold and silver stars
Make the meringues the day before and store in a sealed container, separating the layers with greaseproof paper. You can also make up the filling and store in the fridge overnight. Remove from the fridge 30 mins before serving to come to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 100C/gas mark ½. Line a tray with baking parchment. Whisk the egg white until it holds stiff peaks. Whisk in the sugars a bit at a time until thick and glossy.
- Spoon 12 mounds onto the baking tray and bake for 2 hrs until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- Gently melt the chocolate over a pan of barely simmering water. Leave to cool slightly. Stir through the chestnut puree and half the cream.
- Spoon the chestnut cream onto 6 of the meringues, then top with a spoonful of the remaining cream. Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle over the edible gold stars. Serve topped with the remaining meringues.