Chocolate star tarts
Total time:plus chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 170g chocolate digestive biscuits, crushed
- 50g butter
- 100g milk chocolate
- 200ml double cream
- Few drops vanilla extract
- 50g caster sugar
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped into small squares
- 25g unsalted butter
- 2tbsp icing sugar, to decorate
You could make these with a white chocolate filling and a cocoa star instead.
- Whizz the crushed biscuits in a food processor to make fine crumbs. Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Mix with the crumbs and press into 6x10cm loose-based, lightly oiled tart tins. Chill for 30 mins.
- For the filling, gently heat the cream, vanilla and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved and you see steam rising off the surface. Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl and pour over the cream mixture, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Pour into the set tart cases and put in the fridge to set for 2 hrs. Cut star stencils out of card, place over the set tarts and dust with icing sugar to decorate.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 664(kcal)
- Fat 47.0g
- Saturates 28.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.