Mini snowflake and gingerbread men squares
Total time:plus soaking and cooling
Skill level: Bit of effort
Mini snowflake and gingerbread men squares are the perfect Christmas project for little hands to help with. If you haven't got time to bake the cake yourself, use a shop-bought equivalent and let them loose with the decoration. These mini cakes are lovely given as gifts, or as an alternative to mince pies
- 1 classic Christmas cake (recipe here)
- 1tbsp apricot jam
- 2 x 1kg packs marzipan
- 2 x 500g packs white ready-to-roll fondant icing
- 2 x 500g packs blue ready-to-roll fondant icing
- 25g pack Organix mini gingerbread men
- Snowflake plunger cutters
Try red cakes with mini Santas or green cakes with reindeer decorations too!
- Make the cake in an 18cm square cake tin, triple-lined with baking parchment, and bake according to recipe instructions. Once cool, cut into 16 smaller cakes of equal size.
- Brush each cake with the jam mixed with 1tsp water, then cover with marzipan, smoothing the sides and trimming the edges. Roll out the white fondant and cover 8 cakes, smoothing and trimming again. (Use the white fondant trimmings to make the snowflakes). Repeat with the blue fondant to cover the remaining cakes.
- Decorate with gingerbread men, snowflakes and ribbon.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 1063(kcal)
- Fat 31.5g
- Saturates 9.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.