Weight Watchers butternut squash pasta bake
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Quick and easy Weight Watchers butternut squash pasta bake recipe. It is sure to keep you fuller for longer come lunch or dinner time. Serving 4 people, this dish is ideal for the whole family. This pasta bake is full of flavour thanks to the rosemary and basil. This dish is super speedy to rustle up as it uses a readymade jar of sauce - Weight Watchers Foods Parmesan and pesto pasta sauce. Pop this family meal in the oven before picking the kids up from school so you can have it ready on the table at your regular dinner time.
- 800g butternut squash
- Calorie controlled cooking spray
- 200g dried wholewheat penne pasta
- 2 x 350g jar Weight Watchers Foods Parmesan and pesto pasta sauce jar
- 1tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 125g reduced fat mozzarella, drained and shredded
- Fresh basil, to garnish
This recipe would also be perfect with pumpkin instead of butternut squash
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Halve the butternut squash, peel it and scoop out the seeds. Slice the flesh into medium-sized chunks.
- Place in a roasting tin, mist with cooking spray and roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, add the penne to a large pan of boiling water. Simmer for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Tip back into the pan and stir in the Weight Watchers Foods Parmesan and pesto pasta sauce jar and rosemary. Add the roasted squash and stir to mix. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Tip into a large ovenproof dish and scatter the mozzarella over the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Divide between 4 plates, garnish with the basil and serve immediately.
Points: 9 ProPoints per serving