Hot and spicy chicken skewers
Total time:plus marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 450g free range chicken mini fillets
- 4tbsp teriyaki marinade
- 2tbsp maple syrup
- Lime wedges, to serve
For the dip:
- 4 spring onions, 2 finely chopped, 2 sliced lengthways into thin strips
- 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
You will need:
- 12x15cm wooden skewers
For a stronger flavour, leave the chicken to marinate overnight.
- Put the chicken pieces, teriyaki marinade and maple syrup into a food bag, seal tight and mix well. Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hrs.
- Soak skewers in water for 30 mins. Heat grill to medium. Thread a chicken fillet onto each skewer and transfer to a grill rack. Grill chicken for 8-10 mins, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- To make the dip, mix together spring onions, chilli sauce and lime juice. Serve with skewers, topped with sliced spring onions and lime wedges to squeeze over.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 60(kcal)
- Fat 0.5g
- Saturates 0.2g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.