Crushed potatoes with smoked salmon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 18 baby new potatoes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 100g creme fraiche
- 150g smoked salmon, cut into 3cm wide ribbons
- Half a bunch chives, snipped
- Lemon wedges, to serve
For vegetarians, replace the smoked salmon with a sundried tomato.
- Heat oven to 220°C/gas 7. Boil potatoes in salted water for about 15 mins until tender. Drain and leave to cool.
- Drizzle 1tbsp oil on a large baking tray, add the cooled potatoes and squash each until slightly flattened. Drizzle with remaining oil and season. Bake for 20 mins or until golden and crisp. Cool slightly.
- Spread a little creme fraiche onto each potato, top with a ribbon of smoked salmon and garnish with chives and a grinding of black pepper. Pop onto a platter garnished with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 80(kcal)
- Fat 4.0g
- Saturates 2.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.