Smoked salmon and pea vol au vents
Total time:plus cooling
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 18 ready-to-cook frozen vol au vents
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150g cream cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 150g petit pois, defrosted
- 150g pack hot smoked salmon, flaked
- 1tbsp chives, finely chopped
Add a little squeeze of wasabi paste to the pea mixture for a mini-kick.
- Brush the vol au vents with the egg then cook and cool the vol au vent cases according to pack instructions. Combine the cream cheese, lemon juice and peas in a food processor, season with black pepper then lightly pulse until just combined.
- Fill the pastry cases with the cream cheese mixture. Top with the salmon and garnish with the chives.