Thai chicken and lemongrass cakes
Total time:plus chilling
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 350g skinless chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tbsp lemongrass paste
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 100ml coconut milk
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 4tbsp sunflower oil
- 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
These patties would also be delicious served in buns, mini burger style!
- Place the chicken, chilli, garlic, lemongrass and fish sauce in a food processor and blend to a paste. Add the breadcrumbs, coriander, spring onion, coconut milk and egg and pulse until combined.
- Heat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Divide into 24 and shape into patties. Chill for 30 mins. Heat 2tbsp oil in a large pan and fry the chicken cakes in batches, adding more oil as necessary, for 5 mins, turning occasionally to brown all over.
- Place the skewers on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 5 mins until cooked through. Serve with the sweet chilli sauce mixed with rice wine.