Slimming World's hot dogs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These Slimming World's hot dogs are really simple to make. The perfect guilt-free treat for the weekend taking only 45 mins to rustle up. Serve with American-style mustard and ketchup for a traditional finish. This recipe uses pork sausages but feel free to use other varieties to suit your taste buds.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 100ml boiling vegetable stock
- 4 Sainsbury’s Be Good to Yourself Extra Lean Cumberland Pork Sausages
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 x 60g wholemeal finger rolls, sliced open
Serve these hot dogs with homemade chips baked in the oven
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onions and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the stock and cook for a further 10 minutes or until tender. Drain off any liquid in the pan.
- Meanwhile, grill the sausages for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway.
- Put the lettuce leaves, sausages and onions into each roll and serve hot with chips (see above), tomato ketchup and American-style mustard.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website