Ham, spinach and cheese quiche
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Easy ham, spinach and cheese quiche is ideal for using up leftovers and is ready in just 30 minutes. It's great value too, with each portion working out at about £1.59.
- 200g spinach
- 230g shortcrust pastry, we used Marie, La Pâte Brisée pre-cut circle
- 150g ricotta cheese
- 4 free-range eggs, beaten
- 100g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1tsp thyme leaves, chopped
- 90g smoked ham batons or cooked ham, torn
Swap the ham for other meats instead like beef or chicken pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5 .
- Put the spinach into a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Run under cold water, then use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Unroll the pastry circle and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Beat the ricotta and eggs until smooth then add the cheese, thyme, ham and wilted spinach. Season and pour into the centre of the tart case.
- Fold up the edges of the pastry over the filling. Brush with a little milk, then bake in the bottom of the oven for 20 mins or until set, puffed up slightly and the pastry is golden.