Mini brandy apple puddings
IngredientsFor the apples:
- 1 tsp low fat spread
- 5 Cox’s apples , peeled, cored and cut into 1cm thick wedges
- 2tbsp agave nectar
For the sponge:
- 50g low fat spread, plus 1 tsp
- 100g apple sauce eg Colmans
- 150g self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 2tbsp brandy
- 1tsp vanilla paste
Leave for 3 mins before tuning out onto serving plates and topping with the remaining apple mixture.
- For the apples, heat spread in a large frying pan, add apples and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins until golden. Add agave syrup and 6 tbsp water and cook for a further 3 mins until soft. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 180C/gas mark 4. Using 1tsp spread, grease 6 individual metal pudding bowls. Whisk all sponge ingredients together using an electric had whisk for 2 mins until pale.
- Spoon half the apple mixture into the pudding moulds and top with the cake mixture. Cover each pud tightly with a small square of foil with a pleat in then sit into a small baking tray. Pour enough boiling water into the tray to cover come almost halfway up each bowl.
- Bake for 30 mins or until springy to the touch.