Slimming World's raspberry meringues
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Meringue usually takes well over an hour to make but Slimming World’s super-speedy version cooks in less than 20 minutes – and it’s the ideal topping for deliciously sweet raspberries. This recipe serves 4 people and would be the perfect treat for friends when it's your turn to host dinner. You only need 4 ingredients to make these speedy puds - the lightness in the texture comes from the egg whites which go really light and fluffy and you get plenty of natural sweetness through from the raspberries. If you're looking for a speedy dessert that takes no time at all and is delicious too, this is what you've been looking for! Whip it up with ingredients you'll probably already have at home - except perhaps the raspberries for a really nice dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- 4 sponge fingers, roughly broken up
- 450g frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1tbsp sweetener
- 3 egg whites
Swap the raspberries for strawberries instead or opt for a mixture of different frozen berries
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
- Divide the sponge fingers between 4 heatproof ramekins.
- Lightly crush the raspberries, stir in half the sweetener and spread the mixture over the sponge fingers.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites with the remaining sweetener until stiff and glossy. Spoon the mixture over the raspberries and bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Dust with icing sugar if you like (1 Syn per level teaspoon). These are best served hot.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website