Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
What happens when you cross pancakes with enchiladas? Well, you get panchiladas of course! This delicious hybrid pancake is the perfect treat for dinner. Each pancake is packed with pieces of tender chicken, soft roasted peppers and a rich tomato sauce with a kick of spice thanks to the jalapeno peppers. Top with grated cheese and bake in the oven for 15 mins until golden.
- ½ x basic pancake mix
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1-2 tbsp jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 200g spicy tomato sauce
- 75g grated Cheddar
- chopped coriander, to serve
Swap the chicken for other meats like shredded lamb or pork pieces
- Make the pancake batter to step 1. Heat the oil, divide the mix in half and cook to the end of step 2. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, jalapeno and roasted peppers and tomato sauce.
- Once cooled, divide the chicken filling between the crepes and roll up. Put in an ovenproof dish, top with grated cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden and bubbling. Serve scattered with coriander.