Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Pantatin is a pancake hybrid combining classic apple tarte tatin with a classic American pancake mixture. The sweetness of the apples works well with the softness of the pancake mixture to make a fluffy pancake tart. Drizzle in caramel sauce before serving. It's a delicious dessert that all the family will love, and not just on Pancake Day
Give this recipe a twist by swapping the apples for pears instead!
- Make the pancake batter to the end of step 2 and set aside.
- Gently heat the sugar and water until dissolved and lightly golden.
- Put the apples in the base of the pan and gently cook for 15-30 mins, until softened. Dot with butter and turn the heat to medium.
- Pour over the pancake mix and cook for 4-5 mins until beginning to set.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to medium. Put the pan under the grill for 3-4 mins until just set and lightly golden.
- Turn out onto a flat plate and serve immediately.