Slimming World's chicken soup
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Hearty and warming, Slimming World's chicken soup is really simple to make. Packed full of flavours, this is comfort food at its best. It's a guilt-free lunch or light dinner that takes under an hour to rustle up. Serve with crusty bread.
- 25g margarine, such as Flora Light
- 1 large white onion, peeled and chopped
- 25g plain flour
- 900ml chicken stock
- 1 leek, trimmed and chopped
- ¼ cabbage, chopped
- ½ small cauliflower, chopped
- 250g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 225g cooked skinless and boneless chicken breast, chopped
- chopped fresh chives, to garnish
If you have leftovers store them in an airtight Tupperware container or plastic sandwich bag in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat thoroughly before serving.
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan then stir in the onions. Add the flour and gradually pour in the stock.
- Add the vegetables and simmer for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Place the soup in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth, then pass through a fine sieve.
- Season to taste, then add the milk and chopped chicken.
- Warm for 10 minutes to heat through and serve sprinkled with chives.
For more delicious recipes or to find your nearest Slimming World group visit the Slimming World website