Slow cooker Chinese spiced pork belly with plums
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 1.2kg pork belly, cut into thick slices
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 6 plums, halved
- 150ml red wine
- juice 2 oranges
- 1 chicken stock pot (we used Knorr)
- 150g Chinese greens, such as pak choi or tat soi
If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the fridge and use within a few days.
- Put the pork into a slow cooker with cinnamon, star anise, five spice, plums, wine, orange juice and stock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 hrs/high for 3 hrs. Alternatively, put the ingredients into a casserole with a scrunched up piece of wet greaseproof paper inside the lid and cook in the oven on its lowest setting for 4-6 hrs.
- Skim off the fat, add the Chinese greens so the stalks are immersed and allow to steam for 2-3 mins. Serve with rice or boiled potatoes.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 860(kcal)
- Fat 66.0g
- Saturates 23.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.