Slow cooker Asian chicken thighs
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 1kg chicken thighs, bone in, skinless
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- large handful coriander
- 3 spring onions, shredded
For the ketjap manis we'd recommend visiting Marks and Spencers
- Put the chicken, soy and fish sauces, vinegar, ketjap manis, agave, chillies, ginger and garlic into a slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hrs.
- Alternatively, place all the ingredients in a casserole with a scrunched up piece of wet greaseproof paper inside the lid and cook in the oven on its lowest setting for 3 hrs.
- Just before serving, remove the chicken from the bones and loosely pull apart.
- Garnish the chicken and gravy with sesame seeds, coriander and spring onion, and serve with sticky rice.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 187(kcal)
- Fat 5.0g
- Saturates 1.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.