Slow cooker aubergine caponata pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
- 400g baby aubergines, halved or quartered
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2x400g can tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 25g black olives, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 25g capers, drained
- 200g orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 35g toasted pine nuts
- handful chopped parsley and oregano
Add some cooked meat to this dish right at the last few minutes. Heat through until the meat is piping hot and serve.
- Put the aubergine, onion, garlic, chilli, tomatoes, 1 can of water, stock pot, vinegar, olives and capers into a slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 hrs.
- Alternatively, put into a casserole with a scrunched up piece of wet greaseproof paper inside the lid. Cook in the oven on its lowest setting for 3 hrs.
- Add the orzo, stir and cook for a further 30 mins. Once tender, serve topped with remaining olives, pine nuts and herbs.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 221(kcal)
- Fat 6.0g
- Saturates 0.5g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.