Tex-Mex chicken burgers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
- 600g chicken thighs, roughly chopped
- handful fresh coriander or parsley
- 2 tsp cajun spice blend
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise, plus extra to serve
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño chillies from a jar, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 4 burger buns, toasted
You could try this recipe using lamb instead of chicken.
- Put the chicken into a food processor with the herbs, spice blend and mayo, then season and blitz well. Tip out the mixture onto a board and divide into 4 patties.
- Set aside in the fridge, well covered, if not cooking immediately.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the burgers for 15-20 mins, turning until cooked all the way through.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, avocado, jalapeño chillies, oil and lemon juice. Serve the burgers in a bun with a little mayonnaise and the salsa spooned over the top.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 506(kcal)
- Fat 20.0g
- Saturates 4.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.